Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


No, that's not radioactive waste.
My apartment building is situated along the city's arguably best-known and most beloved waterway. They tinted it green for SPD. And I do mean GREEN. This photo doesn't begin to capture how green it is. It probably glows in the dark.
Speaking of green, Lara is done (for about a month now), and you all should be green with envy! She's wonderful! I will probably wear a hole in this one. Soon.
I made several modifications to the pattern. Lara is supposed to be knit from side to side, starting at the left wrist. That's part of what turned me on to this pattern--the minimal seaming involved. This side-to-side method is also what turned me off--the cast on edge at the L wrist was different from the bind off edge at the R wrist, and the ribbed front edges were also different in this aspect.
R BO edge
L CO edge
See what I mean?
So I knit the sleeves separately and seamed them to the rest of the body (which was knit in one giant piece). I decided I could live with the difference in the ribbed edges, since I could just wrap one side over the other.
Another modification--since it was knit from side to side and therefore the "width" was actually the "length"--I added 26 stitches to each "side" (front bottom and back bottom). And an inch to the arms.
And I knit a little belt, 10 stitches of 2 x 2 rib.
Eat your hearts out, suckas! :o)

2 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Laritza said...

Glad to see you around again! Lara is beautiful! How are you feeling?

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lara looks GREAT on you! You make me want one...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home