Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm still here

Four days later. . .

One blood transfusion, one small chipped tooth, four episodes of projectile vomiting (despite a naso-gastric tube and every possible anti-nausea drug), and nearly a foot of snow later, and I'm still here.

I've mentioned to some that I never underestimated the invasiveness of maxillomandibular advancement surgery (with genioplasty, we opted for it after all), but I seriously overestimated my own recuperative abilities.

Folks, I'll be the first to say that I totally got my rear kicked.

Fortunately, I'm not wired shut. I could have had to vomit through a wire grill. I'm very swollen and you would not recognize me yet. I'm plated 'til Kingdom Come, but I can get my mouth open far enough for ice cream. :o)

That's all for now. No pic. It's too gruesome.

3 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Laritza said...

The worse will be over soon. Hang in there!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Take it easy and rest. Let your mom wait on you! That's what mom's are for. :)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I see from the dates that your surgery was done more than 2 years ago but can you tell me how expensive it was to get your braces put on? Did your insurance for the surgery cover the braces also?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home