Sunday, February 04, 2007

Another Finished Object!

Another skill I wanted to try while redoing Aunt Mem's scarf was the Russian join. I really, really hate loose ends, and I'm never happy with how they get woven in for a scarf. You just can't camouflage them any way you try. So I did my homework on the net and this is what I got: Try to find it now!
(Hint: It's in the upper right-hand corner!)
The Russian join is a revelation! I love it!! As Jess says, I luuurve it!
Some fringe to finish it (and me) off. . .
And a very smug me.
Pattern: None, really, just a basic texture stitch.
Measurements (no gauge needed!): 53 stitches wide (9 inches) by 60 inches long, knit on US6s.
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino Wool, about 3 skeins, color "petal pink"

In case you were wondering, Mem is NOT her real name. We'll just keep that a secret to protect the innocent.

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a neat technique. I never heard of it before.

I am sure that your Aunt will love her pretty scarf!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Lily said...

What a beautiful project. And... just to defend my honor, the sweater I posted on my blog is not Salina, it's another I'm trying to finish before March 1 (not going to happen). I would never, ever break the rules! Looking forward to Salina, still have to get my yarn.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home