Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bidness

Kristina and I are orchestrating a Knit-along! We plowed through patterns like Simon goes through American Idol contestants. What kills us is that designers don't show the garments well in the photoshoots. What a concept, right?

We both had our specifications. She--doesn't do turtlenecks (that is my entire winter wardrobe). I--love texture and shaping and a little extravagance. I--need something still simple enough to work on in my vicodin-enhanced post-op state and something that I already have yarn for. I guess I'm the picky one in the relationship!

We've officially decided on a pattern, but I'm not saying anything just yet. There is still business on our end of things to take care of.

Here's another item of business: How well does acrylic yarn block? Lara is nearly complete, but as always, the garment is short through the waist. Such is life [sigh].

1 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

acrylic sorta kinda blocks ... nothing like wool though. Julie (http://www.withahook.com/blog/) blocks acrylic semi-regularly -- look for her column of leaves scarves -- it's a knit lace pattern that she worked in acrylic yarn and she details her blocking process for it.

Can't wait to see what pattern you and Kristina picked to knit along!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home